Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pavilions

I think it wouldn't be a proper EPCOT house without pavilions grouped around a theme.  As I have one building *total* to work with, though, I'm going to have to settle for theming rooms as 'pavilions.'  I've got a pretty rough idea of how it's going to shake out; a lot of it is based on what is already in the room that I can make work.  I'll break down the rooms in detail in separate posts later.

'Formal' (ha ha) Living Room:  Spaceship Earth.  I am prepping this room for painting now.
Family Room:  Universe of Energy
Kitchen:  The Living Seas
Dining Room:  World of Motion
Powder Room:  Journey Into Imagination
Florida Room:  The Land

One of the things I'd like to do is incorporate lots of things to explore and discover in each room (yeah, even in the bathroom).  Part of the fun of the original pavilions was that they weren't just show buildings for a dark ride and a gift-shop exit; they had a few different things to do and, if you took the time to check them out in detail, you were usually rewarded.  I'd like the house to honor the same spirit.

A lot of the detail will be mostly aesthetic-- color schemes, visual hat-tips to landmark features.

Also, the EPCOTing of the house is restricted to the main floor only.  I'm a believer in letting people design their own rooms, so I can't force it upstairs.  I can achieve what I want to do on the main floor anyway.

You'll note the much-mourned Horizons is not on the list.  I am a bit of an EPCOT heretic when it comes to Horizons.  I didn't hate it, but I always thought it was disappointing.  If you haven't ragequit reading this blog at this point, I'll break down why in tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment