Saturday, June 29, 2013

EPCOT House vs. Epcot House vs. EPCOT Center House

There is a difference!

I'm still debating how, exactly, I'm going to implement EPCOT in the house, and part of the decision-making rests on how I'm going to define what EPCOT is.

If I wanted to get full-on hardcore about it, the EPCOT House would be radically overhauled and remodeled into [cue echo voice effect] THE HOME OF THE FUTURE, rather than some kind of theme-park tribute.  The problem?  That costs some serious bank, which I don't have. 

I like the aesthetics of EPCOT Center, so that's definitely going to come into play.  I also have a lot of fond memories of the early-80's, version 1.0 of the park.  I'm also mindful of the dangers of getting too nostalgic, and nostalgia doesn't always play nicely with futurism, so I'll need to keep that in check.

I know I'm not going to do too much with Epcot, which is what I (and The Walt Disney Company) call the park that exists today.  (I am not anti-Epcot by any means; I'll break that down in a later post.)  But I don't feel the need to have a Character Spot or Pixar characters; I'm an EPCOT girl, not a Disney girl.

So the final product will probably combine some aesthetic hat-tips to EPCOT Center and some of the futurist visions of EPCOT.  Again, I have some limitations on what I can do, so we'll see how it turns out.  Right now, though, that's my mindset going forward.  I am still in the 'blue sky' phase, and as time goes on and circumstances permit, anything might happen!

If I can dream it, I can do it...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment